Level 1 Water Restrictions as now in effect in Sydney, Blue Mountains and Illawarra Regions.
Many Sydney siders are not aware that level 1 water restrictions are now in place, this was effective as at the 1st of June 2019. These restrictions apply to all in the Sydney, Blue Mountains and Illawarra regions.
The NSW Government has implemented this to protect our water supply from drought conditions as dam levels have dropped significantly due to a lack of rain.
What does this mean for you?
If these restrictions are not followed there may be fines of $220 for individuals or $550 for businesses.
There is however a 3 month grace period to give people enough time to take note of the restrictions, this will take effect after 1 September 2019.
If you are a non-residential customer and need to use water outdoors you can apply for an exemption by following this link:
Tips on how to minimise your water usage, if we can all do our LITTLE bit it will make a HUGE difference!
• Time your showers and restrict them to 4 minutes
• Turn the tap off when brushing your teeth
• Wait for a full load before using the washing machine / dishwasher
• Use the eco cycles on your washing machine and dishwashers which will limit the time and water on the cycle
• Use unused drink bottle water to water plants or for washing the car
- Use the half flush button on the toilet when you can
• Look for leaking taps and ensure you have water saving / efficient devices
• Look for any large spikes in your water bill which may indicate a water leak
• If you have any leaks you need attended to we would be more than happy to assist you. You can call us on 1800 273 546
CAN DO & CAN’T DO’S
The information below has been taken directly from Sydney Waters website to give you an idea of what you can and can’t do.
More information on Sydney Waters Website click here: Level 1 Restrictions
|CAN DO||CAN’T DO|
|Watering Lawns and Gardens||
|Cleaning vehicles & buildings||
|Filling pools and spas||
|Cleaning hard surfaces (paths & driveways)||
If you have any leaking taps, shower heads, leaking water pipes or would like water saving devices installed we would be more than happy to assist you. Feel free to contact our office on 1800 273 546 or visit our website on www.aquaking.com.au
If we all make some small changes to our daily routines and make a conscious effort to save our precious resource water, these will result in a positive outcome.
Have a great day!
Happy Water Saving.
The Aqua King Team